Do It Yourself
You can download these instructions in PDF format.
You will need Adobe Reader. Get it here .
When designing your garage storage you first have to figure out how best to store you things. Here are a few things to take into consideration.
- What are you storing?
- Do you need a work bench?
- Do you want just storage or a showroom for your vehicles?
- Graph paper is an easy way to layout your garage. Do a drawing of each wall. An elevation (looking at the wall) and a plan view of the garage (looking down on the floor).
- Things to pay attention to:
- Ceiling height.
- Is there a curb (Stem Wall)? The concrete ledge that the walls sit on. What is the height at the tallest point (normally at the garage door)?
- The height of the garage door rail from the top of the curb.
- Distance from the curve of the garage door rail to the garage door wall.
- Window(s) location and height from the floor.
- Door locations and distances from the corners.
- The electrical panel (DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT COVERING IT UP). We do cover sprinkler controls and built in vacuums as well as gun safes.
- If you plan on doing the floor, it should be done before cabinet insulation (allow a week for curing).